I work about 4 miles away from the Midwest City, OK store location. I decided to grab some lunch in the area and run some errands. One of those errands was to return some dresses I had bought a few days prior. I decided to look around and eventually chose to purchase a few items.

I went to the counter to return my things and purchase my new finds. Ivette was my cashier. She was unfriendly from the start. She immediately grabbed the verification scanner and scanned the first dress. A code popped up she didn't understand. She inspected the Marshalls tag and the dress makers tag thoroughly. She proceeded to scan the next dress. Ivette examined both tags on the second dress and proceeds to call for the on duty manager, Shae. At this point, there are 10 people in line behind me and every single one of them is staring at me.

Shae informs me that she has no idea what the code is on the first dress. “The second dress doesn’t claim to be a Calvin Cline and is actually supposed to be black and white” she relays. I politely ask “Why is the fault placed on your customer, if the machine has an error and/or the wrong tag is on the merchandise?” Shae ignores my question, gathers up my returns and walks to the back with Ivette tagging along. I am left at the front desk feeling as though I have done something wrong by trying to return items which did not work for me.

Shae and Ivette return. Shae informs me the numbers do not match, there isn’t anything on the floor with those item numbers and I can try to take them to the store I purchased the items from if I like. Shae then walked away. I purchased over $100 of merchandise and asked for the store managers’ name. Ivette was obviously flustered; she could not understand what I was asking. I repeated myself two times and finally she gave me the name Hannah, but claims she did not know her last name.

Moral of the story… Marshalls treats their customers as if they are all thieves. The clothes were in perfect condition, obviously since I purchased them less than a week ago. I had my receipts. All maker and Marshall tags were attached. AND I was purchasing several more items. The staff had no problem embarrassing me and offered no solution other than to spend my gas and time going to another store. I WILL NOT shop at Marshalls again due to this ridiculous treatment. Homegoods and T.J. Maxx are very close to losing my business as well.

Product or Service Mentioned: Marshalls Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Comments