Marshalls - *** Treatment of a Best Customer

I've shopped LOTS at Marshall's.The sales people recognize me and my daughter and tease us about how often we're there.

This morning I went in to return a defective package of LED candles I bought last week. They refused to exchange it even for STORE CREDIT because I didn't have the receipt. It was only $10!! The idiocy displayed by the manager and the "system" is amazing to me.

I have spent so much money there! They just lost a very valuable customer and lots of future business by being STUBBORNLY CHEAP! The merchandise quality has also been going down in the last year and we noticed the prices going up.

So, I guess we'll be throwing that credit card away and taking our shopping lists elsewhere.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Led Candle
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #749611

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Marshalls? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 26, 2015 #1084162

Do you work in retail? Do you realize that we have rules? Do realize if we break those rules we can lose hours, or our jobs? It is called a return item look up. If the item comes up as "item not found", not in our system, without a reciept we cannot resell it. It gets to a point where it looses monetary value. If you have such a big problem with us following the rules call corporate. You want to be contacted by the company? CALL them, not moan and groan for pity from your fellow crying customers. It IS only $10 though right? Please do take your business elsewhere.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Marshalls. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Marshalls.
Filing a new complaint about