I've shopped LOTS at Marshall's. The sales people recognize me and my daughter and tease us about how often we're there.

This morning I went in to return a defective package of LED candles I bought last week. They refused to exchange it even for STORE CREDIT because I didn't have the receipt. It was only $10!! The idiocy displayed by the manager and the "system" is amazing to me.

I have spent so much money there! They just lost a very valuable customer and lots of future business by being STUBBORNLY CHEAP! The merchandise quality has also been going down in the last year and we noticed the prices going up.

So, I guess we'll be throwing that credit card away and taking our shopping lists elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Marshalls Sales Manager.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

I don’t work in retail. I have a Master’s degree. Sorry.

Do you work in retail? Do you realize that we have rules?

Do realize if we break those rules we can lose hours, or our jobs? It is called a return item look up. If the item comes up as "item not found", not in our system, without a reciept we cannot resell it. It gets to a point where it looses monetary value.

If you have such a big problem with us following the rules call corporate. You want to be contacted by the company? CALL them, not moan and groan for pity from your fellow crying customers. It IS only $10 though right?

Please do take your business elsewhere.

to Anonymous #1621187

You are just a peasant working for a large company. What do you mean by only $10? You don’t know the value of a dollar and will always be poor.